- News & Events
- Join the team
Complementary Medicine Program & Primary Care
COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE PROGRAM
Bastyr University has an external clinic site located at Consejo's main clinic in Columbia City. Naturopathic Physicians are trained in conventional and complimentary medicine. Naturopathic medicine offers complimentary and adjunctive care for all medical conditions chronic or acute. Naturopathic medicine utilizes nutrition, supplements, botanical medicine, manual therapies and conventional medicine to provide expert care.
Consejo’s clients benefit from various treatment modalities including nutritional counseling, botanical medicine, pharmaceutical medication, and hands on therapies including spinal manipulation. At the end of each visit, clients are provided with a written treatment plan with various treatment recommendations.
Through Bastyr University, Consejo receives donations in the form of supplements and vitamins at the beginning of each quarter. These donations are passed on to Consejo’s low income clients. The Bastyr students and medical staff review prescription medications and ensure there is no harmful interaction with any supplements or other medications that they may prescribe.
The following services are available at our Columbia City clinic for individuals enrolled in Consejo’s Behavioral Health Program:
• Naturopathic Medicine which can help prevent disease and cultivate whole-person wellness by emphasizing the body’s natural healing power.
• Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine which can help to improve health for the body and mind by restoring the proper flow of qi (pronounced "chee"), the body’s underlying life force.
• Nutrition which can find a personalized approach to diet, and help clients-gain practical skills in cooking, grocery planning, and restoring health through nutrition.
• Counseling to learn how mental attitudes and emotions can transform overall health by meeting with trained counselors.
• Ayurvedic Medicine: This ancient system of medicine can cultivate wellness by helping balance one’s entire life-diet, exercise, sleep, mental habits, social relationships, and other elements.
As part of integrated care and care coordination, Consejo established a partnership with Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency Program to provide Primary Care Access for its clients.
Founded in 1974, the Swedish Family Medicine Residency at Cherry Hillis one of the pioneering programs in the field of Family Medicine. At the heart of the Swedish program is a mission and a long tradition of training family doctors to work with under-served, economically disadvantaged, culturally diverse and disenfranchised communities.
Swedish is able to provide a full range of primary care services including care for all ages, from newborns to the elderly. Swedish Family Medicine will provide physical examinations and help coordinate care with other clinicians at the Consejo office in Columbia City. Clients will be able to receive a limited range of lab services at the Consejo office. Clients that need any additional services will be referred to one of the other Swedish clinics for further care.
Location & Hours Main Office
3808 S Angeline St.,
Seattle WA, 98118
Tel: (206) 461- 4880
Fax: (206) 461- 6989