- News & Events
- Join the team
Certifications & Awards
Consejo is certified by the Washington State Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services for the following Outpatient Mental Health Services:
• Brief Intervention Treatment
• Case Management
• Crisis Outreach
• Day Support
• Family Therapy
• Group Therapy
• Individual Therapy
• Less Restrictive Alternative (LRA) Support
• Psychiatric Medication Services
Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services:
• Alcohol and Drug Information School
• Victim Impact Panels
• DUI Assessment
• Level 1 Outpatient Services
• Level 2 Intensive Outpatient Services
Consejo is an award-winning agency that has provided over three decades of culturally-competent services to a growing and under served community of color living with special needs with a focus on families with children. Consejo’s demonstrated outcomes across Washington State have established our noteworthy national reputation. In the past five years, our agency has been recognized by the following distinguished milestones and achievements all associated with working with Latino children, youth and families: X
• In 2015, two youth volunteers that work with children of domestic violence survivors at one of our transitional housing facilities were honored for their achievement and community service at the 16th Annual Take Action Awards hosted by the King County Coalition Against Domestic Violence
• In 2010, Consejo’s Domestic Violence Department was honored with the Northwest Immigrants Rights’s Project Outstanding Community Partner Award for working in partnership with NWIRP while providing advocacy and guidance to Latina/o survivors of domestic violence.
• In 2009, Consejo was honored with the King County Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Dependency Services Exemplary Service Award for providing outstanding Client Advocacy Services to individuals living with mental illness and chemical dependency.
• In 2008, the Latinos from across Washington State in cooperation with the Latino Community Fund voted and honored Consejo with the Effective Community Engagement Award for practices championing the rights of Latina survivors of domestic violence and their children.
• In 2008, Consejo received the Entre Hermanos Community Hero Award for providing culturally-appropriate support services to the Seattle Latino LGBTQ community.
• In 2007, American Family Insurance named Consejo, The Most Accessible Behavioral Health Agency in King County.
• The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation awarded Consejo the 2007 Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
• In 2006 Consejo’ Executive Director received the Exemplary Service Award for his legislative advocacy efforts resulting in $81 millions state funding allocation to King County Mental Health.
• In 2006, Consejo was honored with the Arte Sana Sin Fronteras – Community Empowerment Award for groundbreaking work increasing awareness and bridging the service gap for immigrant and monolingual Latina survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their children in the Pacific Northwest.
• In 2002, we received the Outstanding Group Project Award from the Seattle Youth Employment Program for pre-employment work readiness for Consejo’s City park restoration and ecological conservation programs.
• Since 2001, Consejo achieved both national and international recognition with a feature on Fox News and three stories on Univision Network, the Largest Spanish Television Network in the United States, extensively seen through out the world.
• In 2001, our innovative Youth Take Action Campaign won the 2001 King County Coalition Against Domestic Violence Award for our Teen Dating Violence Program.
• In 2001, Consejo received the 2001 National Champion of Industry Award for exemplary behavioral services.
• In 2000, Consejo was honored with the Direct Service Award from the King County Mental Health, Chemical Abuse and Dependency Services Division for our comprehensive quality of care for Latino youth.
• In 2000 Consejo earned the Washington State Exemplary Substance Abuse Prevention Award for our one-of-a-kind youth prevention program and demonstrated youth leadership development.
Consejo is an award-winning agency that has provided over three decades of culturally-competent services to a growing and under served community of color living with special needs with a focus on families with children. Consejo’s demonstrated outcomes across Washington State have established our noteworthy national reputation. In the past five years, our agency has been recognized by the following distinguished milestones and achievements all associated with working with Latino children, youth and families:
Location & Hours Main Office
3808 S Angeline St.,
Seattle WA, 98118
Tel: (206) 461- 4880
Fax: (206) 461- 6989