- News & Events
- Join the team
Volunteering & Internships
Internships at Consejo Counseling and Referral Service for students of social work, counseling or psychology comprise the following types of services within our Adult and/or Children’s Mental Health Programs:
• Clinical case management for adults, older adults, children and families;
• Individual therapy with adults of all ages and children
• Family therapy
• Group mental health treatment for adults (peer socialization, activity, clubhouse groups are ongoing and interns may decide to design time-limited support, process or psychoeducational groups).
• Intakes for adults and children
• Interns will learn to engage clients in the process of mental health treatment, and will also be required to learn some of the essential elements of documenting services and initiating and maintaining an active chart and a treatment plan.
Internships of 9+ months are preferred, particularly so that students can have opportunities to work in multiple capacities and with diverse clients over several months. Shorter internships are also possible; all interns are required to have an initial interview and complete an application. Interns are encouraged to consider Consejo for future employment after exploring the many roles within our behavioral health organization.
Please complete the internship application below and email to Zoraida Partida-Lopez at: email@example.com
Consejo is fortunate to utilize volunteers in a range of areas within the agency. The following are some of the ways in which volunteers are recruited at Consejo:
• Community service volunteers may also chose to work at Consejo to fulfill associated hours and meet court-mandated requirements associated with judiciary system rulings.
• Local high schools also supply Consejo with a pool of youth volunteers as a means to meet their community Service requirement for graduation. Interested high school seniors are encouraged to make contact.
• Dedicated individuals from communities where Consejo provides services make up the majority of our volunteer work force. Their gifts cannot be measured. These generous people volunteer their time, effort and expertise to touch the lives of the many adults, adolescents, families and children we serve. At times, they are the parents of youth who have received services or people who have graduated from one of our service programs themselves who return to Consejo to act as mentors and educators or help in one of our many areas of service programming. It is the esteemed generosity of our volunteers that makes Consejo a success.
Please send the application, resume and cover letter to our HR Department. Contact email:Zoraida Partida-Lopez at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location & Hours Main Office
3808 S Angeline St.,
Seattle WA, 98118
Tel: (206) 461- 4880
Fax: (206) 461- 6989